Ruth is the founder, Marakwet Girls Foundation. Narrowly escaping FGM, Ruth helps girls who are at risk and those that were not so lucky to escape the harmful cultural practice; and she has a mentor to guide her along the way.
About Marakwet Girls Foundation
MGF is community based organisation championing for the rights of a girl child and geared towards ending harmful cultural practices; child marriage, gender-based violence and Female Genital Mutilation.
Working with different initiatives, MGF focuses majorly on education as a social tool to end Female Genital Mutilation.
About the End FGM Podcast
This podcast features people working in individual and organizational capacities in Kenya and beyond. They share their experiences, successes, failures and lessons learnt in the Anti FGM Campaign.
According to the World health Organization, Female genital mutilation (FGM) comprises all procedures that involve partial or total removal of the external female genitalia, or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.
To listen to this podcast on itunes, search for End FGM.
To listen to all podcast episodes here, use the player below.
- Meet Tony Mwebia Jeremiah Kipainoi 27:34
- Meet Ruth Jepchumba Jeremiah Kipainoi 34:59
- Meet Catherine Thiakunu Jeremiah Kipainoi 39:36
- Meet Antonia Waskowiak Jeremiah Kipainoi 32:17
- Meet Brenda Dora Jeremiah Kipainoi 44:19
- Meet Sonyanga Ole Ng'ais Jeremiah Kipainoi 36:20
- Meet Gumato Guyo Jeremiah Kipainoi 42:03
- Meet Peter Kemei Jeremiah Kipainoi
- Meet Samuel Leadismo Jeremiah Kipainoi
- Meet Dorcas Parit Jeremiah Kipainoi
- Meet Sadia Hussein (Part 1) Jeremiah Kipainoi 32:32
- Meet Sadia Hussein (Part 2) Jeremiah Kipainoi
- Meet Nimco Ali Jeremiah Kipainoi 15:23
- Meet Godfrey Ochieng Jeremiah Kipainoi 33:51
- Meet Asenath Mwithigah Jeremiah Kipainoi 47:25