Gumato Guyo, 23, is an FGM survivor from Chalbi Desert in Marsabit County. Having been brought up by her grandmother, she, like her age mates in the village, went through the cut. Her mother, an anti FGM campaigner protected her sister. Gumato wants to help other girls avoid the cut, and she has began her journey in her campus in Nairobi.”99% of my age mates have been cut,” she says. “I want to change that!”
According to the World health Organization, Female genital mutilation(FGM) comprises all procedures that involve partial or total removal of the external female genitalia, or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.
To listen to this podcast on itunes, search for End FGM or Jeremiah Kipainoi, or click here.
To listen to all podcast episodes here, use the player below.
- Meet Tony Mwebia Jeremiah Kipainoi 27:34
- Meet Ruth Jepchumba Jeremiah Kipainoi 34:59
- Meet Catherine Thiakunu Jeremiah Kipainoi 39:36
- Meet Antonia Waskowiak Jeremiah Kipainoi 32:17
- Meet Brenda Dora Jeremiah Kipainoi 44:19
- Meet Sonyanga Ole Ng'ais Jeremiah Kipainoi 36:20
- Meet Gumato Guyo Jeremiah Kipainoi 42:03
- Meet Peter Kemei Jeremiah Kipainoi